NorayBio takes part in the new R&D European proyect iKnowIT – 03.07.2017 IKnowIT – 03.07.2017￼
IKnowIT “Clinical Decision Support platform for Pancreatic Cancer”
Call identifier: E! 10959 / CIIP-20171003
Project funded by the EUROSTARS-2 Programme and co-funded by the CDTI and the European Union Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The goal of iKnowIT was to develop a novel state-of-the-art product, iMedFrame, for use by medical institutions to help clinicians save patient’s lives, optimise treatment regimens and reduce healthcare costs, specifically aimed at pancreatic cancer.
iMedFrame contains three novel elements, making it a fully functional and powerful product. These elements are:
- iDiscover, a software platform with extensive set of analysis modules/toolbox for analysis of OMICS and Electronic Health Records (EHR) data, with a modular architecture for integration of future analysis modules.
- Secure “OMICS” analysis & reporting (SOAR), that enabled generic interfacing with hospital data management systems such that large omics datasets could easily be used in the platform.
- Pancreatic Insightful Treatment Advise (PITA), a tool to guide clinicians in personalising the treatment and prognosis of pancreatic cancer.
These three elements were integrated into iMedFrame and validated in one of the largest university medical centres in Europe using prospective patient data obtained from pancreatic cancer patients.
The main result of iKnowIT was thus the development of a product that by using an integrative, multidisciplinary approach leads to better treatment, longer lives and better quality of life for pancreas cancer patients.
Activity of NorayBio:
NorayBio was the leader of the iKnowIT Project, responsible for iDiscover and for and important part of the design and development of iMKedFrame. The company also participated in the development and validation of the two other elements.
NorayBio’s main motivation for participating in this project was the opportunity to increase its portfolio by adding a new platform for the field of health, called NorExplore.
Developed in colaboration with:
Results of the proyect: NorXplore
Within the framework of the IknowIT project, the commercial product the NorXplore platform was generated from the IDicover prototype. NorXplore was a group of sophisticated mathematica tools for data exploration, mining, predictive modeling, and visualization.
Characteristics of NorXplore
Data exploratory framework
User friendly interpretation of the results
Intuitive data mining module
- Feature extraction
- Non-linear dimensionality reduction
- Association rules analysis
- Easily build predictive models
- Methods: ANN, SVM, Bayesian classifiers, decision trees…
- Automated selection of model(s): boosting / bagging
- Validation + prediction